Monday, April 18, 2011

DKC Knitter's Frolic



I'll be teaching at the Frolic again this year. Pattern Drafting Made Simple for Knitters. 

My class will be an all day event on Sunday. My focus is to give students all the skills they need to adjust existing patterns for better fit and to flatter the body. I will be covering some basic pattern drafting skills but the idea is to know enough so that you can alter a pattern, not necessarily to design from scratch. 

I'll also give you some background in understanding why patterns are written the way they are and how that knowledge will allow you to customize the fit.    

Topics include some bust and shoulder adjustments that will be new to Knitters as well as changes to length and how to correct the fit on set-in sleeves. Much of this knowledge has come to me from the years of sewing and tailoring classes in my past. 

I hope to see some of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment