Monday, February 8, 2016

Knot a Problem, Who Knew?




I just came across this group on Ravelry. I immediately and unexpectedly teared up when I started to read about them. Why did I have this reaction? My mother loved untangling yarn. I always thought that was a strange but lovable quirk of hers. My mother died 35 years ago and I have wonderful memories of her. I have one old acrylic sweater that she knit for me. I've never been able to let go of it. I still have the pattern and periodically plan to re-knit it for myself. It's on the someday list.


For those of you not reduced to tears by this group. You should know they have 2889 members so perhaps it's not so quirky after all. They give advice on their pages as how to approach the tangle and you can contact them to help you connect up with someone to untangle your yarn for you.


1 comment:

  1. My mom was great at untangling, including delicate gold chains that appeared to be impossibly tangled. Thx for info on this group!

    ReplyDelete