Friday, July 29, 2016

The Girl in the Green Sweater

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-green-sweater

The Girl in the Green Sweater finally made it to the top of my reading list. You can read about the project associated with this book here in my interview with Lea Stern. Lea has created a very special pattern for which all proceeds are being donated to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. The pattern is a copy of a museum piece and the book tells the story of Krystyna Chiger and her family and of the brave sewer workers who helped them survive the Holocaust. 







It's a very moving story. I was a little afraid to read it because I knew it was likely to be tough going, but in the end I'm glad I did. The courage and strength of all those involved made for an inspirational memoir. A survival story such as this needs to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment